GunVault SV 500 SpeedVault Handgun Safe Review
I have always loved to watch the old Clint Eastwood movies and other cowboy shows. I was always amazed at how fast they could draw their guns. The GunVault SV 500 speedvault handgun safe is designed to look like the pouch of a gun. It gives you that feeling of drawing from a holster on the side of your thigh.
The gun safe is none like any other thanks to its intuitive design. It makes the safe to look cool unlike most which are designed as boxes. You can finally keep your handgun safe, secure and ready for action. It is fitted with a digital keypad that allows you to access the contents of the safe.
It comes with multiple mounting options and since it is designed to appear like a holster, you can withdraw your gun quickly. It is built with an 18 gauge stainless. This assures you that it can withstand blows from objects like axes.
It has a back up override key which is useful in case you forget your keypass. The digital keypad, the audio and LED lights are powered by a 9 volt battery. When it’s close to depletion, a warning inform of audio and LED flashes will occur.
Who is it for?
Today, many people would love to protect themselves against thieves. Guns have become a form of protection, especially in America. You will find homeowners with 2 and more guns. This assures them of a weapon to defend themselves. So, who can use the GunVault SV 500 SpeedVault Handgun Safe?
- Security personnel
- Intelligence gathering agents
The safe is designed with several useful features. They include:
It is fitted with a digital keypad that allows the user to set their passcode. To many users, this may seem to be a poor way of protecting a gun. Let’s delve into the math world for a little bit. With the four-digit keypad, one will assume that it only supports 256 unique combinations. You are wrong, it supports 11.3 million. The user can set more than four digit combination which improves security.
Two backup keys
There are times when you are very busy at work or in your business. You might forget to see the blinking LED light warning you of a low battery. Furthermore, you may forget the passcode which means you will not access the gun. The safe comes with two back up keys. This allows you to open the safe, replace the battery or reset the keypad.
It comes with a special feature called tamper mode. When you hold the 2 and 3 keys together for a period of 5 seconds, the LED will turn red or green. When it turns green, it shows that the last user entered the correct combination. If it displays red, it shows that someone who did not know the passcode tried to open it. This is a useful statistic especially if you are a parent.
Every time you press the keypad, a beeping sound will be heard. If you want to activate silent mode, you can with the mute button. It is located in the safe and allows you to shut off the beeps. This can be useful especially when burglars attack. You can access your gun without them knowing.
9 Volt battery
To power the digital keypad, it is recommended to install a 9-volt battery in the appropriate compartment. When the battery reaches a low level in terms of capacity, you will receive an early warning. According to gun safe reviews, the safe will sound an audible alarm as well as flash the LED light. This gives you time to get a new battery as a replacement. With the two backup keys provided, you can override the keypad and replace the battery with ease. A nine-volt battery has a lifespan of 9 months to 1 year.
- It is constructed of 18 gauge stainless steel. This assures you of a durable safe that can withstand blows from different objects.
- It is designed to be mounted upright which gives the user easy access to the gun. It can be mounted beside the desk, near a chest of drawers or even on the wall.
- Two backup keys are supplied with the safe. They allow the user to access the safe contents in case the batteries get depleted before being replaced. You can replace the battery to ensure the safe protects the contents within it.
- A visual and audible alarm is generated when the battery hits a low level. The LED will blink and one will hear the beeping sound. This informs the owner to purchase new batteries for replacement.
- The mounting plates and screws allow it to be mounted in a suitable and concealed location.
- The beeping sound can be quite annoying. You can mute the beeping sound allowing you to open and close with no noise. The mute button can be found in the safe.
- The mounting screws provided with the safe are a little bit short. They can be quite cumbersome when it comes to mounting. To resolve this, you can purchase longer screws from a hardware store near you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many guns can fit in the safe?
A: The safe can fit a single handgun. This can either be a fully automatic pistol or revolver.
Q: How do you mute the beeping sound?
A: The mute button can be found in the safe. All you need to do is press and the beeping sound will be muted.
Q: What if I forget the passcode?
A: The safe comes with two back up keys. They allow you access to open and reset the combination.
The GunVault SV 500 speed vault handgun safe is an extraordinary safe. The upright position makes it appear like a holster or gun pouch. It reminds one of the old cowboy movies. The digital keypad allows one to set a passcode. In case they forget to replace the batteries or the passcode itself, one can open using the two back up keys.
The beeping sound may be annoying to some users. Don’t worry, you can mute the sounds and allow you to open silently. The internal light is useful especially in the dark as it allows the owner to view the contents with ease.
You can never go wrong with the GunVault SV 500 speedvault handgun safe review.